As we prepare for the long-awaited opening of Our Lady’s for private prayer, we feel it appropriate that we share with you our plans and guidance which is based on that given to us by the Bishops Conference of England & Wales.
- It is important to emphasise that, at this moment in time, we are only permitted to open the church for private prayer and not for the celebration of Holy Mass.
- Initially, the church will be open for private prayer on:
Thursdays 11.00am until 1.00pm and Sundays 11.30am until 1.30pm.
- Stewards will be available throughout your visit to assist you if required – please do take careful notice of the advice that they offer you
- There will be two points of access – Entrance and Exit – these will be clearly signed and we must adhere to these.
- There will be hand sanitizer available in the porch as you enter and leave the church
- In order to conform to social distancing, the benches have been clearly marked to assist you. Family groups can, of course, sit together whilst maintaining social distancing with other members of the congregation.
- In order to conform to the guidance, we have removed the fabric covered chairs as these cannot be properly cleaned. Also, please do not use the kneelers
- You are permitted to light a votive candle if you wish
- After your visit the seating/doors etc. will be will be sanitised
Please ensure that you maintain the social distancing guidelines before, during and after your visit to the church and please do not congregate in the car park. The Local Authority may audit the provisions that we have made and have been tasked with managing the re-opening of churches and other places of worship.
Finally, if you have any concerns please contact Fr David or Deacon Peter
Our Lady Help of Christians – Pray for us
St Lawrence – Pray for us