None of us know at present when our parish church will reopen for Mass or if there will be conditions attached to re-opening. Some parishioners have been in touch with me about how they can financially support the parish during this period with its ongoing costs.
There are a number of ways this can be done:
- You can continue to use the weekly envelopes. If you are passing the church on your way to the shops, you could put the envelopes through the door of the presbytery each week/month. Alternatively, you can save them up and hand them in once the lock-down is lifted.
- If you normally put cash into the offertory at Mass, you could put this into a plain envelope and post it through the presbytery door each week/month on the way to the shops. Alternatively, you could simply put the weekly amount aside and make one payment when the lock-down is lifted.
- You can set up a weekly / monthly Standing Order through your bank. Our parish account details are as follows:
Sort Code: 60-06-11
Account Name: 46714618
Account Name: RCDN Olney Catholic Church
Payment Ref: Please enter your name
Please be sure to reference with your surname, so that we can identify who it is from for Gift aid purposes.
4. You can make online payment direct to the parish bank account using the same bank details as above.
5. You can make also a one-off payment through the Diocesan website. Go to https://northamptondiocese.org/donate/ and you will see a button for Virgin Money Giving. Just press that and you will be able to make a payment there. You will need to specify in the Leave a message box that you are giving this to the parish of Our Lady’s Olney. The money will be set aside by the Diocese for the use of our parish.
If you are unable to give financial support at the moment, please do not worry. This is a time of uncertainty and there is enough to worry about without adding extra burdens. The most important thing we can do right now is keep praying for each other and help those around us in any kind of need if we are able.
If anyone is experiencing any hardship at the moment, please feel free to contact me or Deacon Peter, and you can speak to us in confidence. We can see what we can do to help.
Many thanks to all of you who have been in touch and sent all sorts of messages of support. And a special thanks also to all those who have been supporting the parish financially during this time.
God bless you all
Fr David B Barrett